In line with Victorian Government regulations, face masks must be worn in public. Bentons Square Shopping Centre aims to provide everyone with a clean and safe place to do their essential shopping and therefore advise that all customers are required to wear a face mask whilst in our Centre.*Please also practice the required social distancing measures and adhere to the limited numbers in each store. Thank you for working together with us to help stop the spread. For further information, please visit https://bit.ly/2D1cULd or call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398. Stay safe everyone! *With the exception of children under 12 and those with Government approved exemptions.
FAQ’S ON WEARING A FACE MASK OR COVERING
Your questions answered.
In line with Victorian Government regulations effective now, face masks or coverings must be worn at all times when in our centre. We know this is a difficult time, but together we can work to help stop the spread.
When should I wear a mask or face covering?
At all times, unless you have a medical condition and/or are under the age of 12.
Are there any reasons to remove my mask or face covering?
Yes, you may remove your mask/face covering when you are eating or drinking, taking medication, smoking or vaping, in a financial institution or bank or during an emergency.
Who doesn’t need to lawfully wear a mask?
- People aged under the age of 12-years.
- Medical condition / reasons, including a person with;
- breathing problems, including asthma
- an assisted breathing apparatus
- disability or a mental health condition
- visual/hearing impairment or loss
- a skin condition
- Practical reason – such as a carer or person assisting a young-child, elderly person or person with special needs, although this may be for a short-period.
- Professional reason – e.g. a security guard communicating with a person with identified hearing impairment where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication or in an emergency situation in the centre.
Please be aware that Centre Staff may approach and ask a person to clarify their age or validate their reason for not wearing a face mask or covering (e.g. requesting them to provide a medical certificate). If there is no valid explanation or reason provided by a customer for not wearing a face mask or covering, for example inability to produce a medical certificate, the person may be asked to leave the centre.
Victoria Police will be patrolling businesses including shopping centres to assist customers with any queries in regards to wearing a face mask or covering.
The wellbeing of our customers, retail partners and communities is our highest priority. We encourage anyone who experiences any symptoms to follow Government Health guidelines for testing and isolation, and remind our customers and retailers to also adhere to social distancing and good hygiene practices.
We thank you for your continued support at this time.